About Handicare

We offer solutions and support to increase the independence of the physically challenged or elderly people to enable them to live an active life on their terms. Furthermore, we facilitate for their care providers and family.

Our offer contains a wide range of straight and curved stairlifts. In addition we offer transfer, lifting and repositioning aids, as well as vehicle accessibility products and medical equipment. Approximately 70% of our sales are for care in the home. The remaining 30% for hospitals and institutions.

Handicare is a global company with sales in more than 20 countries and is a market leader in this field. The head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. Manufacturing and assembly are located at six sites across North America, Asia and Europe. We are approximately 1,200 employees. In 2018, revenue totalled MEUR 290,9.

For us, it is crucial that our customers and partners perceive us as committed and respectful, and that our actions are exemplified by our integrity. Moreover, an important driver is the knowledge that our efforts make a difference in the lives of individuals. We are also driven by the ongoing need to improve, enhance and develop our solutions continuously.

We conduct our operations under two business areas: Accessibility and Patient Handling.