Founded in 1986 by three men who met in a rehabilitation center, Handicare was born out of a drive for innovation and finding a better way. Their passion, dedication and commitment continue to guide the company today.
Long history of innovation
- Handicare was founded by three young, paralysed men, inspired to deliver innovative mobility solutions.
- More than 100 years of company heritage.
- Significant international expansion through organic initiatives and acquisitions.
- Direct manufacturing and sales organisations across Nordics, North America, Europe and China.
Investment and consolidation
- Streamlined corporate structure, portfolio and platforms to focus on core business. (The Mobility business was divested in 2015 and Prism Medical was acquired in 2016. Patient Handling Europe was divested in May 2020.)
- Centralised R&D, Finance, and Procurement to improve leverage.
- Significant investment in automation and sourcing to drive gross margins.
Continue profitable growth
- Groundwork in place for continued strong operating leverage.
- Commercial excellence driving shift from product to market orientation.
- New products and active M&A agenda driving sustainable long term growth.