Founded in 1986 by three men who met in a rehabilitation center, Handicare was born out of a drive for innovation and finding a better way. Their passion, dedication and commitment continue to guide the company today.
Long history of innovation
- Handicare was founded by three young, paralysed men, inspired to deliver innovative mobility solutions.
- More than 100 years of company heritage.
- Significant international expansion through organic initiatives and acquisitions.
- Direct manufacturing and sales organisations across Nordics, North America, Europe and China.
Investment and consolidation
- Streamlined corporate structure, portfolio and platforms to focus on core business (Mobility business divestment in September 2015 and acquisition of Prism Medical 2016).
- Centralised R&D, Finance, and Procurement to improve leverage.
- Significant investment in automation and sourcing to drive gross margins.
Continue profitable growth
- Groundwork in place for continued strong operating leverage.
- Commercial excellence driving shift from product to market orientation.
- New products and active M&A agenda driving sustainable long term growth.